Kanwal Public School

Print Mail

Play The Game


Group photos are available to be viewed in the school office. Order forms will be sent home with the students involved. Orders need to be in by 13th November.
Groups include: Aboriginal Dance, Boys Cricket, Captains & Prefects, Choir, Debating, Didge, Drama, Girls AFL, Girls Cricket, Girls Netball, Girls Soccer, Junior & Senior Band, Junior Dance, Senior Boys Dance, Senior Girls Dance, Ukulele, Violin, Year 6, Zone Swimming, Zone Cross Country, Zone Athletics.

When to start school

Your child can start Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if they turn five on or before 31 July in that year. By law, all children must be enrolled in school by their sixth birthday.

When to enrol

Kindergarten enrolment begins around April the year before your child will start Kindergarten. Schools will often advertise when they are taking enrolments or you can contact the school you are interested in attending to find out about enrolling your child.

The school year starts in late January after the summer vacation period. The school calendar lists school term dates.

When to start your child at school is an individual decision. You may want to discuss this with us or with your child's preschool teacher, carer or doctor. Our teachers are trained to work with your child regardless of their age or level of development.

Children develop at different rates and learn skills in different ways. It is the school's task to respond to the needs, learning styles and rates of progress of individual students. Schools also plan learning experiences based on the skills students bring to school.

Specialist advice and support is available to parents/caregivers of children with disabilities to help them access appropriate educational services. Talk to the school as early as possible about these services. You may also consider speaking to the ESL teacher at your chosen school, the Aboriginal Community Liaison Officer or the Aboriginal Education Assistant and the Special Education Consultant.

About the application to enrol form

Due to changes to the enrolment process for New South Wales public schools, there are important new requirements for collecting student information that you - as a parent or caregiver - need to be aware of. This sheet outlines the new information requirements and the responsibilities of the Department of Education and Training in ensuring the collection, privacy, and protection of this information.

Download Getting ready for school - a guide for parents of a child with disability (PDF 423kB).

  • Attend school orientation or transition to school program and make sure you have the schools phone number.
  • Take your child to your local community health nurse or doctor for a health check before school starts.
  • If your child has an allergy, medical condition, takes medication or has any special needs, inform the school as early as possible and make an appointment to see the principal.
  • Fill in a travel pass application if this applies to you. If needed

    phone 1800 227 774 or (02) 9891 8900 or go to     www.transport.nsw.gov.au/ssts

  • Organise out of school hours care.
  • Practise walking or travelling to school.
  • Continue reading to your child.        


Our school canteen operates 5 days a week 8.30am-1.30pm. 

If placing an order please make sure lunch order is in 1 bag, drinks in 1 bag and recess is in another bag, clearly labelled with your child's name and class.

If you would like to volunteer some time to help out in the canteen, please see Kerrie, our Canteen Manager. She would be more than happy to have you on board.


Canteen Summer menu 2014


 School   Uniform

Our school uniform is supplied by Gosford Tailoring. They have an onsite store, located near the canteen.

Hours are:

Tuesday & Thursday 8.00-10am

Payments - may be made by cash, Master/Visa card. EFTPOS transactions can be done in person at the shop. NO CHEQUES. Layby is available and will be held for a maximum of 12 weeks.




Kanwal Public School

Craigie Avenue, Kanwal

Phone: (02) 4392 3477

Fax: (02) 4393 1621